Bifold doors are an increasingly popular choice for homeowners who want an alternative to French doors and sliding patio doors. Their wide opening capacity and innovative side stacking door leaf system has proven a hit with households across the UK. If you’re a glazing installer based in the North West of England and you want to offer your customers the best aluminium bifold doors, you’ve come to the right place.
At Alex Trade Frames, we supply high performing aluminium bifolds to trade glazing installers in Greater Manchester and the surrounding area. We work closely with all our trade customers to provide them with a bespoke service, super-fast lead times, and high-quality products with every order. To help you feel confident when installing the latest bifold doors for your customers, we’ve compiled a list of all the essentials you’ll need for a hassle-free installation.
The essential bifold door products and accessories
- Accurately pre-measured bifold doors (see our ‘How to measure and fit bifold doors’ guide for guidance on how to measure a space for bifold doors)
- Plenty of plastic packers to ensure the frame is square and secure
- Wedge gaskets – to insert between the glass unit and beading
- Low modulus neutral cure sealant to seal the door’s perimeter
- Stainless steel track for the doors to slide along
- Suitable fixings to secure the frame
The essential tools for a successful bifold door installation
- Laser level or string level to ensure the bifold doors are supported along the entire track length
- Allen key set to adjust bottom rollers for a smooth and effortless opening and closing action
- Screwdriver set
- Cleaning materials to ensure bifolds are kept clean and steel track is free from debris
- A small hammer
- A rubber mallet
- A cordless drill
- A stepladder
As with all glazing installations, if you’re well-prepared and well-equipped, you’re on the way towards a successful installation. Have a read of our ‘How to measure and fit bifold doors’ guide for more detailed information about the best way to install aluminium bifold doors.
If you’d like to find out more about working with Alex Trade Frames as your dedicated glazing supplier call 0161 482 2323 or send us a message online for more information.