Abide by these guidelines and achieve a FENSA certificate for your residential window and door installations
What is FENSA?
The Fenestration Self-Assessment Scheme (FENSA) ensures that properties within England and Wales abide by the necessary Building Regulations and thermal efficiency standards so that homeowners more easily benefit from a fully operational home. FENSA enables companies that install replacement windows and doors to self-certify compliance under established Building Regulations without input from Building Control.
Alex Trade regularly works with FENSA registered companies
Modern homeowners recognise the value that comes with an installation performed by a FENSA registered company. It’s a brand trusted by consumers and local authorities, ensuring to any and all potential customers that your company is accredited and reliable when carrying out their home renovation. Registered companies must offer deposit protection and project warranties already vetted by FENSA.
How to satisfy FENSA requirements
- Critical or at risk locations must have their glazing replaced with safety glass
- Replacement windows must achieve a U-value of under 2.0 W/m2k (uPVC and timber) or 2.2 W/m2k (aluminium)
- Existing measures for background and natural ventilation will be retained
- Suitable means of support will be added above the replacement window or door if necessary
- Open flue appliances affected by the window/door replacement will be checked for adequacy of combustion air supply
- Any means of escape currently allowed by the existing windows and doors must equally be provided by the replacements
- Where the property was constructed to provide an easily accessible threshold at entrances, this will be retained